Scholarship – Summer Semester 2020
Well-educated young people are the future of humanity and we hope they will make the world a better place, provided they have the necessary knowledge to do so. DirectLoansLenders advocates for quality education and understands that good education costs money. In fact, education costs are one of the most commonly cited reasons for taking a loan.
Education is important throughout one’s entire life. It starts with a good school, good college, and we also continuously learn all through life. People find themselves learning constantly. For example, we strive to teach our customers about responsible borrowing and healthy financial habits.
Now, DirectLoansLenders is taking things to a new level and will continue to provide scholarships to help cover educational costs of select students. We hope our scholarship will play a major role in making the world a better place…
Twice per year, DirectLoansLenders will offer a $500 Scholarship, which will be used to cover education-related costs.
Applicants are asked to submit a written work on one of the following topics:
- Explain the most creative, strange or interesting way that you’ve made or saved money in the past year.
- Have you set up your own plan to help you prepare for student fees?
- The applicants must submit an essay of no less than 750 words.
- Like and Share at least one of the DirectLoanLender‘s profiles on Twitter or Facebook
- The essay must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org in Microsoft Word format and should not include any external links.
- The applicants must include their complete contact information, including name, date of birth, state, and city of residence.
- Applicants must also include information regarding the school they attend or plans to attend and proof of enrollment.
Who Can Apply?
The applicants must be:
- U.S.A. citizens or residents.
- Enrolled full time or part time in a school, college, professional, trade school or accredited university with in the U.S.
- Undergraduate students at an accredited U.S. college/university with minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
All applications should be submitted by December 31 for the Winter Contest, and by June 30 for the Summer Contest. The winner will be announced on January 15th, and July 15th respectively.
The works will be read and judged by a committee of three persons from DirectLoansLenders. The judges will download the received applications after the deadline for submission has passed, in order to exclude early judgment.
Criteria for choosing the finalists
The works will be judged based on the following criteria:
- Correct grammar (for the essay);
- Unique style;
- Unique concept;
- Original idea;
- Interesting and practical suggestions;
- Good understanding of the financial subject.
Choosing the Winner
After having selected one winner, based on the above criteria, DirectLoansLenders will announce the winner on this website. When the winner is selected, we will contact them via email, in compliance with the Terms and Conditions mentioned below.
Our Hall of Winners We Are Proud Of
Winter 2019 Scholarship winner:
- He is a very dedicated first-year student with entrepreneurial spirit.
- He is planning to major in geology.
- Graduation is expected in 2023.
- Founder of a publishing company for teen authors.
- Author of 2 books.
- Meet Justin on social media! Twitter: @JustinA97114803 and Linkedin.
- Read his ingenious winning essay.
Summer 2019 Scholarship winner:
- An entrepreneur at heart with open-minded visions about helping others.
- He Expects to Graduate in 2023, majoring in Finance.
- Exploring his hobbies don’t stop him to still find time for volunteering for local organizations.
- Meet Dan on social media! Twitter: @danny_n29, Facebook, and Instagram
- Read his winning essay and try to follow his example!
Winter 2018 Scholarship winner:
- After graduation, she wants to use the writing skills she’s developed in college to help people in some way, either through writing grant proposals for non-profits or as a technical writer.
- She is majoring with a Bachelor of Arts in English with a Business minor.
- Graduation is expected in May 2019.
- Meet Jessica on social media! Twitter: @Jperez_Ansible, LinkedIn
- Read her wonderful winning essay.
Summer 2018 Scholarship winner:
- She is majoring in Social Science.
- Graduation is expected in 2020.
- Tracy made a conscious choice selecting the social science major. She aims to become useful for the society she is living in. After graduation, she will seek the possibility to contribute by her professional activity to the improvement of dialog between population and public institutions.
- In her free time, Tracy practices yoga and spoils her friends with delicious food prepared by herself.
- Read her inspirational winning essay.
Winter 2017 Scholarship winner:
- A very hard-working young lady that would like to accomplish her dreams of becoming a parole officer.
- She hopes to become a professor because she wants her whole life to revolve around being someone’s sunshine when they are going through a rough storm.
- She is majoring in Administration of Justice and minoring in Spanish.
- Graduation expected in 2019.
- Read her winning essay for some inspiration
Summer 2017 Scholarship winner:
- Stanley is a great example of a well-educated young man who can help others to become better.
- He is majoring in management.
- Graduation is expected in 2020.
- Stanley is an active volunteer helping homeless shelters in Arizona. He organized a drop-off point for clothes, blankets, and hygienic items. Collected goods are delivered to persons in need living in shelters.
- His free time he spends taking lessons in a dance studio.
- Read his original winning essay.
Summer 2016 Scholarship winner:
- Daniel is an aspiring investor with a bank account and a credit. He is a determined young man who is on the way to his ambitious objectives.
- Graduation is expected in 2018;
- He is majoring in Marketing and International Business.
- Being a self-motivated and highly-disciplined person in his daily life, he is spending his free time hiking. This hobby allows him to combine physical exercise and communication with nature.
- Read his motivational winning essay.
DirectLoansLenders Scholarship Terms and Conditions
This section outlines the Terms and Conditions for the DirectLoansLenders Scholarship administered by DirectLoansLenders.org. The DirectLoansLenders Scholarship will be referred to as ‘scholarship’ herein.
Please read these Terms and Conditions in their entirety before you accept our scholarship offer. Once you accept our scholarship it will be considered that you have agreed and accepted these Terms and Conditions and are compliant to the requirements and conditions of our scholarship.
By submitting an application for our scholarship, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions.
- The Scholarship is solely intended for covering the winner’s education expenses.
- The application process is free of charge.
- DirectLoansLenders (hereafter referred to as “the Company”) is not affiliated with any school or educational institution.
- The Scholarship is awarded exclusively based on eligibility criteria established and listed on the scholarship page of the Company website.
- The correspondence between the applicant and the company will be conducted via email. It is recommended to whitelist our email address: email@example.com. It would allow preventing income letters from reaching into the junk folder.
- Any changes to applicant’s email address after submission of application and without necessary cause, may result in the cancelation of their application.
- It is the responsibility of scholarship applicants to notify the Company of any changes in contact information that may affect the company’s ability to reach them during the award period.
- An applicant may apply for more than one scholarship, but may win only once at any given time.
- The Company has sole discretion in selecting scholarship recipients, and the selection decision is final.
- After choosing the winner, the Company will contact them e-mail within two weeks of the scholarship application deadline.
- Failure to respond within this 14-day period about either accepting or rejecting the scholarship may result in the scholarship offer being withdrawn and reassigned.
- Any successful applicant may be required to provide proof of enrollment in or acceptance to an accredited university.
- The Company may disqualify the participant if the necessary proof according to the eligibility criteria was not timely presented, or if false or misleading information has been provided.
- The scholarship funds can be paid into the winner’s bank account, or by other means decided by the Company.
- The Company reserves the right to make the final decision on how payment is made and can withdraw the offer of scholarship if an amicable and realistic payment process cannot be timely reached.
- The Company is not responsible for and cannot provide financial advice on tax matters. The information provided here is of a general nature only and does not take into account your individual financial circumstances.
- In case of winning the scholarship, the applicant grants the Company permission to use the submitted materials on company’s site, as well as their photo and short bio.
- The Company reserves the right to change or cancel the scholarship program at any time, including available scholarships, deadlines, requirements, award amounts or other program details.
- All inquiries related to the scholarship will be treated within 72 hours from the receipt of the e-mail.
- The Company will not share applicant’s address or contact information with third parties.
- Any complaints or inquiries can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- DirectLoansLenders employees and family members are prohibited from participating in the contest.
We wish everyone luck and are looking forward to receiving your applications!